Profile Construction Consultants are seeking to appoint a junior to mid level claims consultant to join its growing contractual services team based in West Malling, Kent. The role would ideally suit a postgraduate or junior construction professional seeking a career in the claims and dispute resolution sector.
Send your CV to email@example.com if you are interested.
The successful candidate will primarily be required to assist senior members of the contractual services team but will be exposed to all areas of the business with the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills.
Whilst previous experience in claims and dispute work would be advantageous it is not essential as full training, support and mentoring will be provided. We also welcome candidates from an engineering, planning or quantity surveying background or those with demonstrable experience within the construction industry who are looking to move into a contractual services role.
Ideally candidates should possess the following experience and attributes:
- An understanding of contractual procedures and basic principles of contract law
- An understanding of how to prepare, assess and interrogate construction costs and/or
- An understanding of and preferably experience in preparing project programmes in at least
one major planning software such as Primavera P6, Elecosoft, MSP or similar
- An understanding of and preferably experience in carrying out various methods of delay
- Excellent writing skills, experience in drafting contractual correspondence and detailed
written reports would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a claims/dispute related role or experience in preparing claims or
defence of claims would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Ability to work independently with the confidence to request support when needed
- Willingness to learn and show initiative
- An inquisitive and analytical mind with strong problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills
Role and Responsibilities
Your role will be to assist the senior members of the team with the following:
- Collation of factual evidence from documents
- Review and analysis of contractual documents and correspondence
- Site visits to assess individual projects
- Quantum assessment of variations and loss and expense claims
- Assessment and critique of programmes
- Delay analysis of identified events
- Drafting of reports
- Drafting contractual correspondence
Degree or other technical qualification in related construction field. Working towards or ambition to achieve professional membership of CIOB, PMI, RICS, CIArb, LLM
Benefits and Package
- A competitive salary dependent on experience
- Annual professional membership fees of one approved profession paid
- 30 days annual leave (includes bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours (9 hours day inc. lunch/breaks)
- Working From Home arrangements available
- Support/sponsorship of relevant further education available
- Discretionary annual bonus
The candidate will be based at Profile’s office in West Malling, Kent and will be expected to travel when required.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010.